Tuesday, March 04, 2008

AVON

I've always loved Avon; ever since I could remember. I guess it's because I grew up with Avon products around me. My mother used to buy it and still does, my grandmother used to buy it and still does and the rest of the women in my family. My mother even bought me my first perfume from Avon; it's called Odyssey. I love that smell even now. I even have a small bottle and hubby loves it when I have it on. It's a sweet, soft scent. Growing up in the Bronx, I always smelled it on many women on the streets. The scent reminds me of when I was a child. It's wonderful just thinking about the good ol' days. Sometimes I wish we had the ability to go back in time, like that show Journeyman. That was an awesome show. I never heard of it until a friend of mine told me about it.

Anyway, back to Avon. Ever since they started selling products online, I've been getting emails from them almost every week. I also buy from time to time when they offer free shipping and when they have the items I use on sale. Today's email was special. They are now selling products to save and improve women's lives worldwide. To stop Domestic Violence. They are donating 100% of the net proceeds to the "Avon Empowerment Fund" to end violence against women. Isn't that great? It is Avon's FIRST ever charity product. I wouldn't mind wearing it either because it is cute! Check it out here. They also have a "Speak Out Against Domestic Violence" Key Chain. 100% of the net proceeds are donated to support "Speak Out Against Domestic Violence." You can check that out here. I think I'm going to make an order this week and buy these two items to help my fellow women. I'm in whenever it comes to helping women. We have to look out for each other. If you see or think of any woman going thru domestic violence, please help them. Don't let them live their life in danger, because they may die. I know it sounds horrible, but it's the truth. Most women that go thru domestic violence ACTUALLY think that is normal. Help them understand they can get out.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com