Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6th Anniversary - 9/11/01


Today marks the anniversary of September 11, 2001. A day no one will ever forget. It is a day of sadness and a day to mourn all those lives that were lost. I still remember where I was when the first plane hit the first tower. I was still in bed with my 2 yr. old daughter when the phone rang. It was my husband. He asked are you watching tv. I said no, I was sleeping. He then said, turn on the tv; a plane just hit one of the twin towers. I said what?! So I turned on the tv and sure enough one of the towers were on fire. I was shocked. I said to myself, who would fly a plane into a building. Maybe the pilot was drunk or lost control of the plane. I thought of many things. As I kept on watching, I heard more screaming. Another plane hit the other tower. I was like what the fuck is going on? I was so scared. I have alot of family members that work in the city and I was getting really concerned at this point. I was really upset when all the phones went down. I could not get in contact with my sister who works in the Empire State Building. I was so worried.
To make a long story short, thank God I didn't know anybody who lost their life that day. I do know people that know other people that lost family, which is still very sad.
Do I feel safer now then before September 11th? No, I don't. I felt safer before that horrible date. I just hope we can solve these problems before anything more horrible happens. May all the lives that were lost rest in peace.
God bless America!


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com