Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sad News :(

I heard on the radio while driving home that Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer early January. I was in total shock. The doctors expect him to have only 5 weeks to live. WHAT??!! That is terrible. But when I got home, I researched his name on the web and it was said on a site that the news-people exaggerated the time frame. He is going thru chemotherapy and is responding well.

Remember, he was the man every woman wanted in the movie, "Dirty Dancing" and he was great in Dirty Dancing too. He is a great dancer, actor and I also read that he is a genuinely good person. What a shame. I hope he beats this nasty and terrible disease. I would love to see him in more movies.

You know, the one thing I LOVE about him is that he has been with his wife since 1975. Can you believe that? A man that was in many movies with gorgeous women and he never left his wife. That makes him even better. In today's celebrity world, most of them

Here's a little explanation about Pancreatic Cancer:

Each year about 33,000 individuals in the United States are diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas (a large organ that lies horizontally behind the lower part of one's stomach), according to the Mayo Clinic. Calling the condition "one of the most serious of cancers," the facility's Web site also states, "Pancreatic cancer spreads rapidly and is seldom detected in its early stages, which is a major reason why it's a leading cause of cancer death."

I will have you in my prayers Mr. Swayze. God bless!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com