Friday, March 07, 2008

Happy Birthday

to my daughter. She is 9 years old today. I can't believe she is 9 already. How time flies. March 7, 1999 in Yonkers, NY, we had a major snowstorm and I was in the hospital in labor. When she was born, everyone in my family and in my husband's family were thrilled. In my husband's side, she was the very first girl. My mother in law was in tears when she was told she had a granddaughter. My mother was even in tears also because since I had a son already, she knew I wanted a girl to make the pair and she always wanted the pair; a boy and a girl. I was also thrilled and relieved being that I had a normal delivery. My first child was a c-section so giving birth naturally was my goal. Don't get me wrong, there were some complications. They almost prepped me for a c-section but I said to myself, I can't go thru that pain again. I have to push this baby out. So when my doctor said, "Push like you are mad at your husband", guess what happened? I did exactly what she said, I pushed her out like I was mad...LOL.. Let me tell you, I was pushing for at least an hour before she said that, it was like, that's it, no more waiting. This baby has got to come out! What a relief it was to have that baby out. I was so relaxed and relieved at the same time. My husband was happy too. Especially since he was the first out of his two siblings to have a girl. I knew she was going to be his princess and till this day, she still is.

We love you babygirl!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com