Monday, March 03, 2008

FoodTV

I absolutely LOVE the Food Network channel. I've been watching it since we had satellite tv in 2001. Emeril Live used to be one of our family shows. We had alot of fun watching it together. I think the show has changed. I don't forward to watching Emeril anymore. I guess I prefer the other shows such as 30 Minute Meals and the Barefoot Contessa. I've only made about a handful of recipes. I'm not really into going by recipes. It kinda confuses me, if that makes sense. I learned how to cook by watching my mother, my grandfather & grandmother. I also received lots of tips from my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. They're both great cooks. The only recipes I do love to follow is desserts. I guess it's because I love baking. It's alot fun for me.

I also love to see people cooking food. It relaxes me and it's kind of like free therapy for me too. My husband doesn't see the point of me watching food shows if I don't make anything they show on tv. I try to tell him it's relaxing for me but he still doesn't get it.. Oh well......as long as it's therapeutic for me, I don't care what he says. My favorite chefs are: Rachael Ray, Ina Garten, Paula Deen, Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay, and Sandra Lee. I also love watching Iron Chef America.

The one show I've been watching faithfully is The Ultimate Recipe Showdown. I love love new cooking shows! About the show: In this new prime time series hosted by Marc Summers and Guy Fieri, the Food Network searched for the Ultimate Recipe in six different categories: Chicken, Burgers, Comfort Foods, Cakes, Pasta and Cookies. After a nationwide recipe contest with thousands of entrants, the Food Network Kitchens selected nine finalists per category/episode. The finalists prepared their dish on set under the lights and pressure of a live audience. A panel of food experts sampled all of the dishes to determine whose was the best. See which winner will walk away with $25,000!

The winner of each category will also get their recipe served in the menu of T.G.I. Fridays. Check it out!

So far the winners are:

BURGERS

Island Ahi Burgers with Cilantro-Chile-Lime Sauce

CHICKEN

Rotisserie Chicken, with Fried Yucca Root


COMFORT FOODS

Boricua Plantain Sandwich (this sandwich looks so good, I might try making it)


Upcoming shows:

CAKES

PASTA

COOKIES

Be sure to stay tuned!! I know I will :)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com