Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Family

Well, last night my mom told me she has type-2 diabetes. She is now on medication and has to monitor her blood twice a day. I am so scared. My dad died of diabetes and now my mom has it too. That means I am in high risk to get it and/or my kids are at high risk also. I felt so bad when I heard my mom's voice. She's part to blame too.. She drinks sugar with her coffee, yes, you read that right. She puts about 1/2 cup of sugar in her coffee and has a major sweet tooth. I've been telling her to relax on her sugar intake but she never listens to me. She is a very stubborn lady. She also takes medications that can cause diabetes that her therapist prescribed to her so it's like a double whammy for her. I just hope she takes good care of herself. I have 3 kids that I have to care for and that is hard, so I can only imagine taking care of 3 kids plus an adult. I don't think I have the energy for that. Having an overactive thyroid, my body goes thru its own workout so I get tired very easily.


With that said, I have so much to do b/c I am having people over for the 4th of July. I told everyone to bring beer b/c I am providing all of the food. It's the least they can do. So, hopefully I will be back tomorrow.

Peace!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com