Monday, June 25, 2007

What a great weekend


My family (hubby, my 3 kids, my sister and her bf) and I went to Hersheypark on Friday. Even though we got there late (3pm), we had a great time and left the park when it closed. I have pics that I will post here but they're still in my camera. I am still in that "weekend mode" so yes, I am being lazy.

Back to my weekend. We stayed in Lancaster, PA b/c that is where my family lives. My dad is also buried in Lancaster, the Amish county. He died on August 18, 1994 b/c of complications with diabetes. That's another post though since his anniversary is coming up.

Anyway, on Saturday we went to visit family after I went to the cemetary to put flowers on my father's grave. I haven't seen them since my dad's funeral. It was great to feel wanted and loved. Even though its been a very long time since I last saw them, they welcomed me with opened arms and some good food. That was my hubby's first time there and he even felt like he was in his family's house. I love that about my family. It doesn't matter if you are not related to them, they will still feed you like you were.

After a couple of hours, we decided to go back to the hotel and rest abit. Hubby wanted to watch tv and cool off a bit being that the house we were in did not have an a/c. So we did just that. My sister and her bf also came back to our room.

After about an hour, we called my cousin and asked him if we should get anything for a bbq at his house........he didn't care. He said whatever you want to bring, go right ahead. So we bought some burgers, hot dogs, steaks, buns and chips. I saw my cousins I haven't seen awhile. It is nice to see long-lost family and reunite again. It feels like we never lost touch with one another. By the time we got to the hotel, it was almost midnight!! I couldn't believe it.. We had so much fun that time just flew by. We talked, we laughed, we ate, we drank; we had a ball.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com